Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning (Planning)
● Building off the consumer segmentation efforts that we have discussed in class, explain in-depth the segmentation of the sports consumption audience including the pros and cons of each segment
● Identify your target market(s) and the rationale for choosing this segment using secondary market segmentation research (Targeting)
● Explain how you would position this effort (Positioning), particularly those who may be disaffected.
● Product – What are you asking the fan to buy?
● Price – What is the cost to the fan?
● Place – How will you deliver your product/idea to fans?
● Promotion – How you will use the club’s owned assets and media partners to engage fans? Will you be using other ways to communicate to fans?
● Build a SWOT for the organization in relationship to the marketing challenge
● After you have completed your SWOT, think about the larger implications of your analysis.
○ What strengths can the client leverage to take advantage of opportunities or mitigate threats?
.doc file | Essay | 5 pages, Double spaced