The purpose of this assignment is to analyze income statements and calculate ratios in order to summarize the financial performance of a company.
The ability to analyze the content of an income statement, profit and loss statement, and statement of earnings is an essential skill when assessing a company’s revenue and trends associated with the company’s financial performance.
Assume that the accounting manager has asked you to provide a summary presentation about the financial performance of the company over the past 3 years. You will be giving a 3-6 minute presentation of your findings to the accounting manager and other company stakeholders as part of a management meeting.
In the Form 10-K for the company you selected in the Topic 1 assignment, access the income statement (also called the profit and loss statement or statement of earnings) information and review it. Calculate the following ratios over the past 3 years for use in your presentation: USING EXCEL
- Gross profit
- Net profit
- Return on assets
Create a 5-8 slide PowerPoint presentation that summarizes your analysis and addresses the following:
- Based on actual dollars, discuss the company’s performance compared to the prior year. Explain how you can tell whether the company is performing better or worse, and highlight at least three items from the income statement that justify your assessment.
- Explain any changes or growth in the marketplace that have contributed to the company’s performance.
- Summarize the revenue trends for the company.
- Summarize company expenses and whether they are increasing or decreasing. Highlight at least two expenses and discuss the significance of the increase or decrease in each of the expenses over time.
- Provide the gross profit, net profit, and return on assets ratios for the past 3 years and discuss the significance of the results.
Using the PowerPoint you created, practice your presentation. Use Loom to record your 3-6 minute presentation for the management meeting.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Refer to the topic materials for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom.
Submit the Excel file that contains the ratios and the Loom file that contains the presentation to your instructor.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
IF YOU USE LOOM I WILL MODIFY TO MY OWN. ALL I REALLY NEED IS THE POWER-POINT ANT THE EXCEL SHEET PLEASE FOLLOW THE RUBRIC AND ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS. HOWEVER AND EXAMPLE OF LOOM WOULD BE GREAT AS I HAVE NEVER USED BEFORE. ATTACHED IS THE COMPANY REVIEW (ASSIGNMENT ONE),