For this assignment, you will interview a principal of an elementary, middle, or high school and prepare a paper to report your results. This may be done face-to-face, via telephone, or via another technological application such as Skype, Zoom, Teams, etc. Basic questions are provided below, in addition you need to add 4 of your own questions related to special education . Be sure to take notes on the experience to add to the action plan/reflection section. For example, if the principal does not have a good background in special education law, you could suggest providing him or her with an update in special education law. Utilize the following basic questions for the interview protocol:
- General Questions
- How long have you worked as a principal?
- How many special education courses have you completed?
- Under how many categories of the IDEA/IDEIA can a student possibly qualify for special education services? Can you name the categories?
- Who evaluates special education teachers in your school district?
- Who interviews and selects new special education teachers in your school district?
- Do you confer on a regular basis with the special education director and special education teacher(s) on matters concerning students with special needs?
- Are you utilizing the RTI Model of service delivery in your school?
- Are you aware of any recent court cases that have impacted special education law?
- Questions 9-18 are answered (4 –strongly agree, 3 – agree, 2 –disagree, 1 – strongly disagree).
- Prepare an Action Plan that would be suggested for the administrator interviewed. (Share this with the administrator if appropriate.
- Include a reflection on what you learned about collaborating with administrators, constructing action plans to support their professional development in the area of special education, and helping them stay up-to-date through this interview experience.
- Should have 5 references should be 7 Pages not including title and reference Apa style