- Gender inequalities has historically been a topic of discussion in society and in the media. The Me Too movement brought issues with sexual harassment in the workplace and there has long been a call to level the compensation for male and female employees. Both issues, and others, have seen media as a source to share and inform in gaining support and promoting change.
- Locate 2 media stories on a current event that is related to a gender bias issue (they’re both on the same current event).
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you discuss the following:
- What is the gender bias issue you selected?
- How does each media story portray the genders in the story?
- Are the gender differences treated the same or differently?
- How can media improve in regard to gender roles related to affiliation and relationships as portrayed in the media?