Throughout the course, various principles and content for designing, planning, and managing sport facilities have been reviewed, researched, and addressed. When considering the overall content, the final assignment for the course includes interviewing a sport facilities professional in your local area. This sport facilities manager can be a manager of an aquatic facility, community center, high school sport field’s manager, or any type of sport facility manager that oversees and manages a sport facility. The interview can occur over the phone or in person. In your paper, you will
Conduct the interview over the phone or in person using the 10 questions listed below.
Summarize the questions and the facilities sport manager’s responses.
- Include course related content to support the discussion in the responses.
- Include a brief introduction on the type of facility, the use and purpose for the facility, whether it is a private or municipal facility, and which segment of the public the facility serves.
- On the title page, please include the name of the facility, and the name of the town/city where the facility is located. The name of the facility manager is not required.
- Interview Questions:
Which skills and qualification do you consider relevant for a sport facility manager?
What do you think are important factors when designing and planning the construction of a sport facility?
Based on your experience working as a sport facility manager, what are some of the changes or innovations in the planning or design of sporty facilities?
- How did the Americans With Disabilities Act impact the design and physical construction of this facility?
- How does the Americans With Disabilities Act influence what you do on a day-to-day basis while managing and maintaining the facility?
- How important are sound risk management practices in the design, planning, and management of sport facilities?
- What advice would you give to a new sport facilities manager with limited experience as a facility manager related to effective risk management practices?
- Based on your experience, how can a sport facility manager most effectively prevent legal liability or law-suits as to the events, attendees, and participants in a sport facility?
- When considering the funding of sport facilities, where was the funding obtained to construct this facility?
- What is the most important factor in managing a safe and public friendly sport facility?
- In your paper,
- Identify a sport facilities manager in the local community.
- Identify the name of the facility and the name of the town/city where the facility is located.
Include a brief introduction on the type, history, use, and purpose of the facility, whether it is a private or municipal facility, and which segment of the public the facility serves.
Conduct an interview with the sport facility manager over the phone or in person.
- Summarize the questions and the facilities sport manager’s responses.
- Compare the interview responses obtained in the interview to the content outlined in the course related to the specific topic.
- Outline a detailed comparison of the interview responses with the course content.
- Include a review of the interview responses obtained from the interviewee.
- Expand on any responses that you felt were vague or incomplete.
- Support your discussion with course content.
Identify the skills and competencies from Week 3 that your interviewee also identified as applicable based on the job description identified in Week 2 and the interview.
- Explain how the interviewee applied the skills or competencies.