Bootstrapping Effect On SEQUENCE LEARNING
Bootstrapping effect on SEQUENCE LEARNING
Participants will score higher in sequence memory test in the STATIC KEYPAD conditions than in the SINGLE and the RANDOM KEYPAD conditions
1. Bootstrapping effect on ITEM NAMING
Participants will score higher in surprise object naming test in the STATIC KEYPAD conditions than in the SINGLE and the RANDOM KEYPAD conditions
TASK 1: Select the correct test to Address the experimental hypotheses
1. Please describe the correct inferential statistical tests to use to test Hypothesis 1 and Hypothesis 2. The same type of analysis may need to be used for both sets of hypotheses, though the analysis will have to be carried out separately for hypotheses (1) and (2). Insert your answer in the box below
Click or tap here to enter text.
2. Please identify the dependent variable for the analysis addressing Hypothesis 1:
Choose an item.
3. Please identify the dependent variable for the analysis addressing Hypothesis 2:
Choose an item.
The data for the sections below are available in the file Workshop 3 and long report data.xlsx which can be downloaded from the Hub.
Task 2 – Evaluate Hypotheses 1(a) and 1(B)
PLEASE EXCLUDE: Any participant with a score of 0 on SEQUENCE LEARNING on the basis that that participant did not engage with the key activity on the study (probably just pressed enter over and over again to get through as quickly as possible – a risk in online studies!)
Then complete the following activities
4. Please complete the following table of means and standard deviations
Table 1: Summary of mean score for sequence learning broken down by DISPLAY. Standard deviations in parentheses.
Single Item Display
Static Keypad Display
Random Keypad Display
5. Please draw a graph of these data below (if doing this in a report, it is better to use a computer package to complete the graph – copying in from Jamovi is fine.
6. Please conduct the test you have selected for the answer to (1) above and summarize the key outcome.
Effect of DISPLAY: f(—, —) = —, = — ,p = —
Please indicate whether the effect is statistically significant:
Effect of DISPLAY: Significant ☐ Not Significant ☐
For hypothesis 1 to be supported there needs to be a significant main effect of display alongside BOTH a significant difference between single item and static keypad AND a significant difference between random keypad and static keypad conditions. You will need to conduct post-hoc t-tests to establish this.
7. Please indicate whether Hypothesis 1 is supported Supported ☐ Not Supported ☐
8. Please draft a conclusion for the study with regards to the sequence learning dependent variable. Please use a maximum of 2 sentences. One sentence in the pair should explain the pattern of data relevant to the hypothesis, and the evaluate whether the hypothesis was supported, while the second should explain whether the hypothesis was supported by these data.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more