Assignment–Review the prompt for the Portfolio Project in the Module 8 folder. Prepare an annotated bibliography for 12 scholarly sources that inform your analysis of the four distinct phases of project management and that lend perspective concerning how you might approach the case study in Module 8. These sources should not be more than 3-5 years old.
Your annotated bibliography should use APA format as shown in the sample annotated bibliography (Links to an external site.) located in the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
The Online Research and Writing Lab is also a good resource. Each of the annotations should include the full APA reference of the article and a paragraph that provides:
- An overview or description of the content,
- A critical analysis of the article, and
- An evaluation of the relevance or usefulness of the article for your case study analysis.
- Submit your completed annotated bibliography to your instructor for feedback
Portfolio Milestone Project — ( REVIEW ONLY, do not do PORJECT)
You have been newly hired into the Johnsonville Community Hospital System. There is a wide array of services available to the community of 80,000 people. Such services include many of the typically expected services found within most medium-sized hospitals. The community has also seen a notable amount of economic growth recently and with said growth has come a new Physician Practice specializing in a specific genre of care. The Board of Directors of the institution into which you have been hired has asked how the new practice firm could be incorporated into your hospital system, and the immediate response they received from the CEO/COO team was that such change could be made with minimal effort.
Your immediate question relates to requisite analyses of the established assessment; from what you can tell, there is no assessment, and the decision seems to be based upon subjective perspective, which you know that this can lead to failure quickly. The Board of Directors, knowing your background in project management, shares your concern and has asked for you to develop a project plan for better analyzing the problem. In an effort to continue to satisfy clients’ demands, you have been asked to evaluate and examine opportunity for increasing services available and incorporating a new service line into already existing lines of effort within the system for which you work. The CEO, knowing the need to reevaluate the suggested solution more objectively, has asked that you lead an internal team to review current service lines, processes, procedures, and propose potential organizational changes along with how such change may improve the organization’s position to better meet the demands for the future.
- Write a paper that proposes the process you would implement for managing this project.
- Use the four distinct phases of project management to clarify how you better evaluate this project and arrive at a solution that answers questions being posed by senior management:
- Pre-project approval,
- Project organization and definition,
- Project scheduling and design, and
- Project control and management.
- Please note: the outcome of this assignment is not the right answer for the hospital, but how you use the steps of project management to develop a solution; thus, you need to develop the project, not a suitable outcome for the hospital system.
- Key elements being evaluated in this assignment are:
- The inclusion of an executive summary of your project,
- The scope,
- Timelines you believe most appropriate for examination of the problem,
- Resources you may require in developing a solution,
- Deliverables you expect to be able to provide leadership (including key outcomes and benefits), and
- Milestones at which you can assess progress.