Final Paper: Cyber Crime Task Force Plan
Scenario: You have been an investigator for the St. Louis Police Department for many years. Recent surges in cyber crime have caused your police department to consider developing a cyber crime task force to combat the rising number of cyber thefts in St. Louis County jurisdictions. The police commissioner recognizes that you are a top investigator and appoints you to lead the new cyber crime task force. The commissioner says to you “Build a cyber crime task force. Tell us [a] what the greatest cyber threats are, [b] what you need to establish a cyber crime task force, and [c] what legislation we should push for to stop these cyber crimes.”
In eight to ten double-spaced pages, (excluding the title page and reference page) develop a cyber crime task force plan for St. Louis County in Missouri. Use research from the Internet and the Ashford Online Library to identify cyber crime investigative strategies and task force developments around the country. Identify techniques, tools, and organizational structures used by other law enforcement agencies to determine which ones will be most useful for your task force. Use the following outline to produce your plan for the St. Louis police commissioner:
- Executive Summary of Cyber Crime Task Force Plan (one paragraph)
- Cyber crime threats in St. Louis County
- What are the greatest cyber crime threats that St. Louis County is currently facing or likely to face in the near future? (Use data and statistics from outside the course text.)
- Which three types of cyber crime will be the top priorities for the task force?
- Cyber Crime Task Force Structure
- Which organizational structure will the task force utilize?
- What personnel and skills will the task force need to investigate the top three cyber threats?
- Which federal agencies in the St. Louis area should the task force develop relationships with in order to be effective?
- Cyber Crime Task Force Equipment
- Which types of equipment, technologies, and items should the police commissioner acquire for the Cyber Crime Task Force?
- What is needed to develop a cyber crime lab capable of performing cyber forensics?
- Why are these systems important?
- Cyber Crime Legislation
- In order to pursue cyber criminals, what legislation and provisions should be developed in St. Louis County to increase local law enforcement capacity for investigating cyber crime?
- Where should these laws be passed?
- In addition to those identified above, what other factors should be considered in building a Cyber Crime Task Force?
Students must refer to and cite cyber crime task force best practices used by federal, state and local law enforcement around the country to inform their Cyber Crime Task Force Plan. In addition to the course text, you must use at least five scholarly sources to support your thesis. At least two of these sources must come from the Ashford Online Library. All sources must be properly cited, and the Final Paper must be formatted according to APA style. If you would like to refer to APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar, in your online course.
Writing the Final Paper:
The Final Paper:
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more