Engineering Computing – C programming.
Notice : when you finish from my assignment i have to submit in turnitin and that website its looking or searching in my assignment words if i taken from any resource of ( internet, students , books, newspaper …) so you have be careful in that to not become higher then 5%. Engineering Computing – C programming.
* i will attach the questin paper also
Common for BEng (GCU) CAME/MT/POM Name of Module with Code
Engineering Computing- M1H324645 Level/Semester & AY
Level 1/Semester B 2017-18 Name of the Module Leader/Tutor
Geetha Achuthan Coursework Type
Assignment Assessment weightage
50% of Overall Assessment Type and date of submission
Online submission – 29.4.2018 (10th week)
To develop skills on solving engineering problems using C programming concepts. Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this course work, the student will be able to solve problems using C programming language involving decision structures, loops, arrays, strings and functions.
Al Zuhair, a leading airline company in Oman, has its base in Muscat International Airport .They provide domestic and international flight services to various locations. They wish to develop a software to automate their day to day flight services. Develop an airline software system with the following requirements: 1. The company has decided to provide credit points to its passengers based on the number of times and mileage travelled by them every year as given in the below table: Number of times travelled Mileage travelled (KM) Bonus mileage (percentage) Type of Customer >5 2500 to 3000 5% Budget >6 and <8 3100 to 3500 10% Standard >9 and <12 3600 to 4100 15% Frequent flyer >13 and <15 4200 to 5000 20% Premier
QEAD Rev:03 ver 01 9th July 2017 Template A 2
(i) Read the Number of times and mileage travelled by a passenger, and calculate the credit points using nested if else.
(ii) Determine the type of customer based on total mileage.
2. The company has decided to provide a free ticket to London to its premier customers who had travelled more than 50,000 Kilo Meters to 15 different countries from Muscat during last two years. Develop an algorithm, flow chart and write a C program to perform the following tasks using loop concept:
(i) Read the country name, and distance travelled by a passenger named Mr. Salim during his journey to each country.
(ii) Arrange the country names in alphabetical order.
(iii) Calculate total mileage travelled by Mr. Salim.
(iv) Check his eligibility to get the free ticket.
3. Mr. Nasser has booked six flight tickets to different locations for his family members and their price details are shown in the below table Ticket Number Base Price (OMR) Tax Ticket 1 285.500 5% Ticket 2 110.250 2% Ticket 3 378.750 6% Ticket 4 198.400 3% Ticket 5 140.450 2% Ticket 6 286.100 4%
Develop an algorithm, flow chart and write a C program to perform the following:
(i) Store the prices of the six tickets in a one dimensional array.
(ii) Display the base price of each ticket, the amount of tax, cost of each ticket including tax and the total cost of six tickets.
QEAD Rev:03 ver 01 9th July 2017 Template A 3
4. Write a C program to perform the following:
(i) Read two flight numbers and the routes they travel to a specific destination.
(ii) Compare the routes and find if the two flights travel via the same country to reach the destination or not.
(iii) Count the number of characters in the name of destination city without using inbuilt string function.
5. Develop an algorithm, flow chart and write a C program to find the number of customers who have bonus mileage above 300 KM by writing a function. Call the function from main and test it.
Marking scheme Component Description Weightage (%) 1 Algorithm development & Flowchart
35 2 Implementation & Results
35 3 Report Structure
10 4 Viva
1. Plagiarism is a serious offence. In case of any plagiarism detected, penalty will be imposed leading to zero mark. Policy and guidelines for dealing with plagiarism and malpractice in examination can be viewed by clicking:
2. The course work shall be subject to plagiarism software check.
3. Course work should be submitted on time. College guidelines on late submission of coursework can be viewed by clicking: http://portal.cce.edu.om/member/contentdetails.asp…
4. Course work should be submitted with an appropriate cover page, which can be obtained from the departmental assistant at the department.
5. Name, student identification and title of the course work to be written clearly and legibly on the cover page.
6. The completed course work report is to be submitted to the departmental assistant on or before the deadline and record your name, date of submission and signature in the book with the departmental assistant.
7. For online submission of course work, pdf file with appropriate cover page mentioning name of student, student number and title of the course work should be uploaded using the submission link created and made available by the module leader.
8. Report should be neatly typed however algorithm and flowchart can be handwritten with the following contents.
QEAD Rev:03 ver 01 9th July 2017 Template A 4
(v) Results(Screen shots)
Harvard Referencing (CCE Style) First Edition 2013 should be followed for both in-text and listing references. This downloadable document can be found in our CCE portal at: http://portal.cce.edu.om/member/contentdetails.asp…
Name and Signature of Module leader
Slide 1 of 1
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more