Total word count for this assignment : 400
In this assignment, you will be tasked with summarizing one of the assigned readings in your own words. Summary writing is a useful way of practicing sympathetic and critical reading, and it ensures that you have fully understood the text that you are summarizing. For tips on writing good summaries, please read this
Task, or Assignment Instructions
For this assignment, please write a 1 to 2 double-spaced page essay in which you:
- Summarize one of the assigned readings for this week in your own words. (One 8 to 12 sentence paragraph)
- Use the Toulmin Schema to guide the elements of your summary paragraph.
- Write at least one response paragraph in which you engage with and respond to the main ideas in the text.
Minimum Assignment Requirements
In order to earn a grade of “On Time,” this assignment submission must complete or include the following:
- One focused paragraph summary of one of the week’s assigned readings that identifies the author, the title, the main idea or claim, and the major supporting details.
- Use the Toulmin Schema to guide this summary paragraph.
- At least response paragraph that engages with and responds to the ideas in the assigned reading.