Explore Holland’s RIASEC personality types from the textbook, consider three jobs you know well, explain the top three codes you would imagine are necessary for each job
1. Develop your own definition of the word work. Using this definition, explain whether you think everyone naturally has a desire to work. Is there any work that is overvalued or undervalued by society? Explain your response.
2. Explore Holland’s RIASEC personality types from the textbook, consider three jobs you know well, explain the top three codes you would imagine are necessary for each job. Describe what would happen if personality types are not matched well with jobs?
3. What are the strengths and limitations an employer may have in providing benefits to employees? How can this impact productivity and retention? Are there reasons not to provide benefits to employees?
4. Go to this website and take the Race Implicit Association Test https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html. After you have received your results, answer the following questions: How do you feel about your results (you do not have to share what they are)? Due to the fact that most people have some unconscious racial bias, explain whether given the same credentials, you think two candidates, of two different races, with an identical resume, have an equal chance at getting hired. Why or why not?
5. Super’s theory is very complex. Explain the basics of the theory as if you were educating a 15-year-old seeking career advice. After you have provided a response, reply to another classmate’s response by asking them a challenging question about his or her explanation.
6. It is not unusual to hear an adult tell a child, “You can grow up to be anything you want to be.” Considering the influence of socioeconomic status on career development, does this actually appear realistic? Is there anything that individuals, society, or the government could do in order to help this statement be true for everyone? If no, why? If yes, what?
7. Define self-efficacy and self-esteem. How are these concepts different? Which appears to be more important when raising children who will someday seek out careers of their own? Why is this the case?
8. Watch some form of media (television or film) list five different jobs you can observe males being employed in, make a similar list for females. Share your list with the class. Do these groupings have anything in common? Consider if the work is very similar or very diverse within the gender grouping. What themes do you observe? Also, state which list you finished first and if you had any trouble finishing the second list.
9. Create a list of five creative questions that can indirectly explore a person’s current themes within their own career narrative (e.g., What is your favorite movie?). Which of these questions do you think will tell you the most about where a client is on their own career story?
10. It has become very common for combat veterans to experience disabling injuries on their tours of duty. Explain what you could do in order to aid them in their post-military career development process. Identify any local resources that may support your endeavors.
11. Consider the following scenario. Eric is a 17-year-old and will graduate high school soon. His family keeps pushing him to go to college and make something of himself, he has performed adequately in school but college doesn’t really interest him. His passion is staying at home and playing video games. He has a part-time job at Game store, which he got to keep up on new games. The money earned is usually spent at the store. As a clinician what would you do to help motivate Eric’s career development?
12. Explore two different job search websites. Compare how trustworthy, useful, and easy the sites appear to be. Consider which site performed better. Which one would you recommend to clients first? Include links to the sites explored in your response.
13. Consider three jobs you know well, using the big 5 model from the course textbook of personality, explain the personality traits necessary for each job (e.g., police officer; openness-moderate, contentiousness-high, extraversion-moderate, agreeableness-low, neuroticism-Low). After examining these three jobs, can you see why you may or may not have been a good fit?
14. Consider some of the mentors you have had up to this point in your career development. Can you think of one that really inspired you to go in a specific direction? How did your mentor inspire you? What can you do to be a good mentor to others in the future?
15. Consider some of your primary interests (hobbies, favorite media, preferable activities). How did you develop an interest in these things? What experiences helped you develop an interest? Did you have any mentors or guides who aided the process? What would you do to introduce someone to similar interest?
16. People often neglect to consider their own values influence their feeling of fulfillment in their career. If someone feels unfulfilled in any of the basic work values (achievement, comfort, status, altruism, safety, and autonomy) what can they do outside of work to keep their life in balance?
Each question has to be answered by itself and has to have 150-200 words and a cite in the answer should look something like this
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more