Chapter 4: Data Analysis & Findings
A successful submission will include the following elements:
i. Introduction – what will be discussed in this chapter
Repeat briefly how the data was collected
· Specific response rates – 100 questionnaires were given out and 90% of the contacted people responded. Give reasons for the response rates.
· So for example 90% response rate because I was able to ask fellow students on campus to respond.
· 50% response rate which was low, but it was because most of my respondant were company executives who could not make the time to meet me for an interview
ii. Discussion of survey findings
Put each questionnaire or interview question as a heading and explain your results or findings
– Gender Distribution: “….the results indicate that 40% of respondents were female and 60% were male. This might be due to…”
Include graphs, tables or charts where necessary (pictures speak louder than words)
– Income distribution
– Occupation distribution
Heading of Questions
If you use interviews to collect your research data, then you must record the responses on your phone or a dicta phone. Then later on after the interview, you need to transcribe your findings. To do this, you can use quotes from the answers provided by the interviewee. If you interview more than two people, you can also use themes – common words in the answers provided by the different interviewees.
Explain your findings
– Include graphs in the findings
– Include any assumptions
Compare your own study findings or results against the secondary information in your literary review chapter.
It could be the case that your own findings agree with what previous researchers have found.
Or your own findings didn’t agree or tally with the findings from previous researchers.
Chapter 5: Conclusion & Recommendations (1500 words)
A successful submission will include the following:
This chapter provides a summary of the main research findings and conclusion found, discusses the limitations of the study, directions for future research as well as suggested recommendations.
ii. Summarize your overall conclusions from your study especially in relations to your set research objective
iii. Limitations of the study
This study had a number of limitations which impacted on the outcome of the research. Typically, research limitations may include the following:
– Small sample size
My study was based on a survey of 100 people. Therefore, this small sample size is not indicative or representative of the industry. However, it did provide a snapshot of what is prevailing in the industry. The bigger the sample, the more valid the research data.
– Based on one specific industry or company or country.
– Time period – there wasn’t enough time to do a more comprehensive study.
iv. Directions for future research
Future researchers can undertake further research on my topic . This can include the following considerations:
– Conduct similar study but with a larger sample size
– Conduct a similar study but with more industry players or different industries
o Conduct a similar study but in different geographical locations
– Conduct the same research but using longitudinal study – research done over a longer period of time to gather more response.
Based on your findings from your study, what recommendations will you propose for the issues you found.
The recommendations come from the findings in chapter 4.
The number of recommendations depend on the findings.
Your final paper should also have an extensive (more than 15) list of references and citations.
So I attached what should be included in the Thesis Instructions, the information from the topic in the thesis Draft and a friends paper that you can you use as reference only that her paper chapter 4 &5 is based in Namibia and mine should be about Honduras.