• Typed- 12pt font
• Running Header-
Last Name, First Name
Assignment: Media Response: My Cousin Vinny
• Title Document (save as)-
Last NameFirst NameCJ252A3
1) Bill slips a can of tuna in his pocket and forgets to pay. Is this shoplifting? Please explain how mens rea, actus reus, and corpus delecti are involved in this assessment.
2) Stanley and Bill were interrogated at the police station. Both conceded they were advised of their rights. Name one possible 5th amendment issue with the interrogations.
3) Vinny is seen studying a book about Alabama Laws. His research will have to include both procedural and substantive law. Why does he have to study both types of law? What is the difference between procedural and substantive law?
4) Vinny visits Bill and Stanley in jail. What is this meeting called? Why is it important?
5) Lisa tells Vinny she doesn’t think he is cut out for this lawyering stuff. Do defense attorneys have to meet a certain level of competence?
6) Explain the following legal principles:
b. Due diligence
7) Pretrial Steps
a. What crime are Bill and Stanley accused of?
b. What probable cause justified the arrests?
c. Explain “Initial Appearance”
d. Explain “Preliminary Hearing”
e. Explain “Grand Jury”
f. Explain “Arraignment”
8) What happened during the Arraignment of Bill and Stanley? What does Vinny plead for his clients? (Did you catch that the arraignment and the preliminary hearing were out of order, at least out of the order we discussed in class?)
9) Why is the case introduced as “The People of the State of Alabama” vs Bill and Stanley? Why is the victim not a party in the case?
10) Explain the discovery process.
a. What is discovery?
b. Why is it necessary?
11) Describe the part of the movie when Vinny claims he wants discovery (disclosure), but doesn’t know the process for it. How does he find about the discovery process?
12) The Prosecution askes the jury members “Can you participate in an endeavor in which the ultimate disposition might be execution?” What is this process called?
13) Explain the jury selection process.
14) Does trial proceed with a jury trial or a bench trial? Explain the difference.
15) What are the key points offered in the prosecution’s opening statement?
16) What are the key points offered in Vinny’s opening statement?
17) The Prosecution presents its case first and gets to present its witnesses first. When the Prosecution calls its witnesses they call them for Direct Examination.
a. What are the characteristics of Direct Examination?
18) Once the Prosecution calls a witness and goes through Direct Examination then Vinny, the Defense, gets to Cross-Examine the witness
a. What are the characteristics of Cross-Examination?
19) Summarize the following testimonies. What happened on the stand?
Direct Examination Testimony
20) What is impeachment?
21) Which of the prosecution’s witnesses were impeached? Explain.
22) What is an expert witness?
a. How are expert witnesses different from “regular” witnesses?
b. What do you have to demonstrate to present someone as an “expert”?
23) How does Lisa get introduced as an expert witness?What are Lisa’s qualifications for testifying?
24) What are the key points offered during Vinny’s last witness exchange (essentially, his closing statement)?
25) Were any jury instructions offered to the jury?
26) What was the ultimate verdict of the case in My Cousin Vinny?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more