Master’s level, Computer science assignment, 3-4 pages. APA standards to be followed and 2-3 references.
For this assignment, you must use MySQL Workbench to reverse engineer an ERD for the database you created in the previous week. Be sure to take a screenshot of the diagram.
In a Word document, address the following items about the ERD:
- Explain the relationship types such as 1:M, 1:1, M:M, or M:1. Be sure to indicate the determined factors from the previous assignment requirement.
- Determine the normal form of your database design. Justify your choice with evidence from your design and the definitions of the normal forms.
- If your design is not in at least third normal form, revise it so it is in at least third normal form. Provide the revised design in addition to the original. Justify why the new design is now in at least third normal form with evidence from the design and the definitions of the normal forms.
- Provide three specific examples of data anomalies (including at least one insert, update, and delete anomaly each) that might happen if your database were not in at least third normal form. Provide sample non-normalized data and tables, the action taken, and the resulting anomalous data. Explain why your design avoids each possible problem.
- Insert the screenshots of your ERDs in the paper in the appropriate places and label each screenshot.
Length: 2-3 page explanatory paper
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards.