Proactive Thinking Task
Directions:The Proactive Thinking Task is an exercise in making an informed, objective choice/conclusion.
– There are 4 specific options you have been given to evaluate.
– You are not writing an argument(s).
– On D2L[GaView] you will have space to enter the evidence you are considering for each option = 10 points [10 x 4 = 40 points]
– You will have space to enter your interpretation of the evidence presented = 10 points. Pro/con thinking should be part of your interpretation of evidence. [10 x 4 = 40 points]
– You will have space to enter your reasoning in considering the evidence & interpretation of each option leading to a decision/conclusion = 10 points.
– In the REASONING response you want to explain your interpretation of the evidence and why 3 of the 4 options were not selected.
– You will then state your conclusion statement in space provided = 10 points.
– Total possible points = 100.
– I encourage you to read the guidelines carefully and schedule a phone conference if you are not clear on how to complete task.
Regarding evidence on Proactive Thinking Task….
The only fact of evidence you must work with is the $40,000.00 income.
The other evidence you use in consideration of each option is up to you to make up.
Consider what type of info/evidence would be important to consider if you were actually making a real life decision on where to live.
Also keep in mind that you want to create evidence that includes pros & cons, but ultimately makes it easy for you to eliminate 3 of the 4 options.
The key point is whether your evidence, interpretation, & reasoning support the conclusion you reach.
PLEASE WORK THE 10 QUESTIONS BELOW:
1) WHAT IS YOUR EVIDENCE FOR THE OPTION OF BUYING A HOUSE?
2) WHAT IS YOUR INTERPRETATION OF EVIDENCE OFFERED FOR THE OPTION OF BUYING A HOUSE?
3) WHAT IS EVIDENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR OPTION OF RENTING AN APARTMENT?
4) WHAT IS YOUR INTERPRETATION OF EVIDENCE OFFERED IN CONSIDERATION OF OPTION TO RENT AN APARTMENT?
5) WHAT IS EVIDENCE RELATED TO OPTION OF MOVING IN WITH FAMILY?
6) WHAT IS YOUR INTERPRETATION OF EVIDENCE OFFERED REGARDING OPTION TO MOVE IN WITH FAMILY?
7) WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE RELATING TO OPTION TO LIVE IN YOUR CAR?
8) WHAT IS YOUR INTERPRETATION OF EVIDENCE OFFERED REGARDING OPTION TO LIVE IN YOUR CAR?
9) EXPLAIN THE REASONING INVOLVED IN YOUR OVERALL EVALUATION OF THE EVIDENCE REGARDING EACH OPTION AND LEADING TO A DECISION/CONCLUSION.
10) IN ONE WELL DEVELOPED COMPOUND STATEMENT STATE YOUR CHOICE/DECISION BASED ON THE EVIDENCE PRESENTED AND YOUR EVALUATION OF IT.