Psych Case Study & Stat Hw Assignment Due 12/1/12 By 4:30pm.
psych case study & stat hw assignment
Case Study: Schizophrenia Answer Sheet
1. Go to the DSM-IV checklist for schizophrenia and list each of Randy’s behaviors that satisfy the symptom criteria for schizophrenia. Which of Randy’s symptoms meet any of the criteria? (Be sure to match specific symptoms with specific criteria.)
2. How long has Randy been experiencing symptoms that meet the criteria for schizophrenia?
3. What type of schizophrenia does Randy display?
4. What phase of schizophrenia was Randy in during the days before the diner incident?
5. What phase was he in at the time of the diner incident that led to his arrest?
Explaining Randy’s Schizophrenia:
1. What genetic factors may have played a part in Randy’s schizophrenia?
2. What biochemical abnormalities might account for Randy’s symptoms?
3. What might have been the role of family stress in Randy’s disorder?
4. What sociocultural factors may have played a role in Randy’s schizophrenia?
1. Assume that instead of being jailed for his offenses, Randy is referred to a community health center for treatment planning. You are assigned to be his caseworker. What kind of assessments will you need to do before you begin Randy’s treatment planning?
2. What type of medication might you recommend for Randy?
3. What mental health treatment modalities would be helpful to Randy in addition to medication?
4. What services other than mental health treatment might be beneficial for Randy?
You will complete a total of three (3) Case Study assignments. For each assignment, read through the case study and complete the provided answer sheet of questions, utilizing information from the Comer textbook to formulate appropriate answers. Submit the completed document as an attachment via the assignment submission link. Grading will be based on the accuracy and quality of answers, the demonstration of higher-level critical thinking skills, and appropriate quantity/content of the answers. Your answers should do the following:
· Be in complete sentences.
· Demonstrate focus and clarity of thought.
· Display grammar, spelling, and sentence structure appropriate for college-level work.
Access the case study above, navigating through it using the tabs at the top of the page and using the Previous/Next buttons on the bottom. (The animations on this page require the Flash plug-in, version 6.0 or later. This page works best in the Internet Explorer browser.) Thoroughly read the case study, making sure to read the Presenting Complaint and Social/Family History tabs. See also the DSM criteria regarding Schizophrenia in the Diagnosis tab. Use the information from the case study and your textbook to answer the 13 questions on your Case Study: Schizophrenia Answer Sheet. Do not use the question and answer blocks provided in the case study. Answer all the questions in the document and submit your finished document for grading through the assignment submission link below
Page 1 of 7
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more