Trauma Case Study.
Trauma Case Study.
Review the Trauma Case Study. Write a 750-1,000-word paper answering the following questions. Your number one goal is to make sure she is safe. PCN-545 Trauma Case Study
Provide appropriate support for your answers by citing the DSM.
- What are the key assessment issues to consider?
- Do you think this is a crisis situation? Why or why not? Explain.
- What is the client’s immediate need? Be specific
- What specific interventions do you feel are necessary with this client?
- What is the possible diagnosis for this client? Provide supportive reasoning for your diagnosis. Why?
- Is this client suffering a stress disorder? Define which one and the symptoms associated.
- How does the biology of trauma present in this case?
- Should Maryam’s family be notified? Explain.
- Would you feel competent enough to work with this client? Why or why not?
- Should you seek additional resources to help with this case? Explain.
- Do you have coordination or treatment issues to consider? Explain.
Include a minimum of three scholarly references in addition to the textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.