Assignment: Leadership Styles and Decision-Making
We have all been influenced by leaders at some point in our lives. Individuals make decisions in a way that achieves set goals. They demonstrate their leadership when they follow through on those decisions to ensure that they were the right decisions. Individuals show the way when they model to teams and others how to accomplish the tasks at hand. However, leaders vary greatly in their decision-making, in part because of their own particular leadership styles. Similar to emotional intelligence, it is important to be aware of your own leadership style as well as the leadership styles of effective healthcare leaders and managers and how those styles affect decision-making.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Consider the characteristics of leaders described in your Learning Resources.
- Select two individuals from the Good Samaritan Hospital with different leadership styles.
- Consider how the leadership styles of these individuals might have influenced their decision-making.
By Day 7
Write a 1- to 2-page paper that identifies the following:
- Explain the true value of leadership in decision-making.
- Describe one decision your selected leaders from Good Samaritan Hospital made or might have made. Then, describe their leadership styles and how these leadership styles might influence their decision-making.
- Using examples from your own personal work experience, how do employees perceive decision-making based on a healthcare manager’s leadership style?
- What leadership decision-making style do you believe is most effective in a healthcare setting of your choice?