Background and Context for the Assignment: A common writing assignment in the fields of science, engineering and the social sciences is to write a research “review” paper or “research report.” In this kind of project, writers are usually required to conduct preliminary research on a topic or research question for which there is no universally agreed upon “right” answer. The purpose of this kind of report is to analyze the topic’s importance and synthesize different comparative perspectives on the topic. Writing in this kind of genre is expected to be concise clear, accurate, and impartial.
To help you prepare for this assignment, you will spend the first few weeks reading about, discussing, analyzing and synthesizing arguments involving controversial food-related questions. For example, is food insecurity unethical? What are the most ethical strategies for addressing food insecurity? Can technological, chemical or bioengineering innovations provide ethical solutions? Or do they lead to more unethical consequences that should be avoided? And what about the ways that we treat those who grow and harvest our food? What constitutes the ethical treatment of our farmworkers?
The Writing Prompt: Write a 6-page report that analyzes and synthesizes at least two opposing ethical arguments. Use the following questions for guidance:
1. What is a food related ethical issue for which there seems to be no clear, simple, universal “right” answer?
2. What are some different or competing ethical perspectives on this issue? What is the logical structure of these arguments or viewpoints?
3. What is at stake (now and/or in the future) for this ethical issue?
How will your writing be graded and assessed on this project? The paper will be evaluated based on the following guidelines for writing a successful proposal:
1. A clear and engaging, food-related ethical question and issue
2. An introduction that uses opener strategies, such as a hook, background context and a thesis
3. Clearly organized subsections and/or body paragraphs that present reasons, evidence and analysis of at least two different ethical arguments
4. The use of at least one visual or multimedia illustration to enhance one explanation
5. Smooth integration of sources (minimum 4), a works cited page and an “acknowledgements” statement.
6. Clear, accurate and impartial organization of ideas
The Acknowledgements Statement: While the Works Cited documents all the sources that you use, the Acknowledgements statement allows you to document other sources of help and feedback. This includes any assistance you received at any stage of writing, from your instructor, classmates, friends, and tutors—anyone or any source that has helped you. Including Acknowledgements protects you because it provides a place for you to acknowledge all of the help you have received. If you do not acknowledge the help you’ve received, but we see that you’ve obtained help inappropriately, you will be referred to the Academic Integrity office for review and may face sanctions.
I have attached the sources, you can any four of those sources but must include Martin and Kaplan’s articles.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more