Caterpillar Inc (CAT) vs Deere & Company (DE) – Farm and Construction Industry
Your analyses should, at a minimum, address the following items:
1. What are the primary lines of business of these two companies as shown in their notes to the financial statement?
2. Which company has the dominant position in their industry?
3. What are the gross profits, operating profits, and net income for these two companies?
4. What ratios do each of these companies use in the Managements Discussion and Analysis section of the annual report to explain their financial condition related to debt financing? (Note: This means that you MUST find each of the two firms annual reports.)
5. For both companies, compute a minimum of 4 of the following ratios:
net profit margin on sales
return on assets
return on equity
6. Fully explain what each ratio is telling you (NOT just a definition), relevant to your firms. Specifically, after calculating the ratios, explain what each tells you about the company and compare/contrast with the other company. For example, when discussing the return on assets and return on equity, indicate where and why there might be a significant difference between the two companies you have selected.
Finally, using the intrinsic value model (Dividend Discount Model) which we have studied in this course, demonstrate whether the stock is overvalued, undervalued, or correctly valued by the market. (You may alternatively use the CAPM, Free Cash Flow, or Earnings Multiplier models…) your choice, but be prepared to defend your answer in your final classroom presentation.
The paper must follow APA writing style guidelines for citation (both in-text and reference), structure, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Include your analytical comments and add charts or graphs if they help to prove your point and clarify your comparison more clearly.
The paper must
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more