Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from Flamez, B. & Sheperis, C. J. (2015) and/or Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2007). APA format also requires headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my assignment rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the assignment. I need this completed by 12/29/18 at 8pm.
Assignment – Week 5
Top of Form
Selecting the appropriate intervention for children or adolescents with a stress or adjustment issue greatly depends upon their needs. Reflect back to this week’s introduction. Consider what type of intervention or setting would be most appropriate for Tanya. Is she likely to benefit from individual counseling or from a group setting with other children with similar issues? No matter what intervention you deem appropriate, as a counselor you must confidently convey to children or adolescents that with support and guidance, they can resolve their stress or adjustment issues.
For this Application Assignment, consider an intervention you might use for the stress or adjustment issue you selected in the Discussion.
The assignment (2–3 pages):
· Describe an evidence-based intervention for the stress or adjustment issue you selected in the Discussion and explain why this intervention is appropriate.
· Explain one way you might address one culture, family, or social factor in your intervention and how.
· Explain two ways you might educate and/or support the parents/guardians as they try to help their child or adolescent through the stress or adjustment issue. Be specific.
· Use the Learning Resources and the current literature to support your response.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
Bottom of Form
Please read and view (where applicable) the following Learning Resources before you complete this week’s assignments.
· Flamez, B. & Sheperis, C. J. (2015). Diagnosing and treating children and adolescents: A guide for clinical and school settings. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Chapter 12 “Trauma-and Stressor-Related Disorders”
· Keller, P. S., Cummings, E. M., Peterson, K. M., & Davies, P. T. (2009). Marital conflict in the context of parental depressive symptoms: Implications for the development of children’s adjustment problems . Social Development, 18(3), 536–555.
Retrieved from Walden Library databases.
© 2009 by BLACKWELL PUBLISHING. Reprinted by permission of BLACKWELL PUBLISHING via the Copyright Clearance Center.
· DSM-5 BridgeDocument: Trauma, Stress, and Adjustment
· Miller, L. D., Short, C., Garland, E. J., & Clark, S. (2010). The ABCs of CBT (cognitive behavior therapy): Evidence-based approaches to child anxiety in public school settings. Journal of Counseling & Development, 88(4), 432–439.
Retrieved from the Walden Library using the Academic Search Complete database.
· Cook, E. C., Chaplin, T. M., Sinha, R., Tebes, J. K., & Mayes, L. C. (2012). The stress response and adolescents’ adjustment: The impact of child maltreatment. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 41(8), 1067–1077.
· Rew, L., Principe, C., & Hannah, D. (2012). Changes in stress and coping during late childhood and preadolescence. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, 25(3), 130–140.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Describe an evidence-based intervention for the stress or adjustment issue you selected in the Discussion and explain why this intervention is appropriate. appeared first on Coursework Research.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more